Welcome to the Australian Embassy in Warsaw
Victorian State Election 24 November 2018
A Victorian State Election has been announced for 24 November 2018. A travel bulletin informing Australians overseas of the election and available voting options will be posted on the Smartraveller website in October 2018.
Postal vote applications will be made available on the VEC website from 31 October 2018, completed applications must be sent directly to the VEC for processing.
The 2018/19 Work and Holiday visa program opens on 1 July 2018
The new program year for Work and Holiday visa applications for Polish nationals will commence on 1 July 2018 and all applications must be lodged by post to the Australian Embassy in Berlin.
- Applications must be posted to:
D-10179 Berlin, GERMANY
- Applications can only be processed if they are received by post on or after 1 July 2018. Applications lodged in person will not be accepted.
- The Visa Application Charge will be $450AUD from 1 July 2018. The correct amount must be paid in order to lodge a valid application.
- Payment of the Visa Application Charge should be made via ImmiAccount prior to submitting your paper application. To use this function, you need to create your own ImmiAccount, make the payment, and then include a copy of the Online Payment receipt with your visa application. Information on ImmiAccount is available at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/immi. Information on “how to pay” is available at https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees/how-to-pay-for-an-application
- The cap for the Polish Work and Holiday program is now 500 places per year. Once 500 visas are granted, other applications will not be considered.
- The Department will publish a notice on the Australian Embassy Berlin website at http://germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/Visas_and_Migration.html when the cap of 500 places has been filled.
- More information about the subclass 462 Work and Holiday visa, and how to apply, can be found at the Department’s website and the Australian Embassy Berlin website at http://germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/Visas_and_Migration.html.
New Work and Holiday arrangement with the Czech Republic commencing 1 March 2018
The new Work and Holiday arrangement with the Czech Republic comes into effect on 1 March 2018. Young adults from the Czech Republic can apply for a subclass 462 visa from the date of commencement.
Information for Czech citizens on how to lodge and prepare an application is available at http://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/462-. Further important information and announcements about the program are available at http://germany.embassy.gov.au/beln/Visas_and_Migration.html
Intercountry Adoption Programme between Australia and Poland
An intercountry adoption programme opened between Poland and Australia on 9 November 2015. More information on this agreement can be found at https://www.ag.gov.au/FamiliesAndMarriage/IntercountryAdoption/Pages/default.aspx and http://www.intercountryadoption.gov.au/
Australian Embassy Ukraine
The Australian Embassy in Kyiv, Ukraine, is now open. Please note that the Embassy does not provide a full range of services and enquiries should be made by telephone or email in the first instance. Please click here for the Embassy's contact details and website.
If you require consular or passport assistance in Ukraine, please contact the Australian Honorary Consul’s office in Kyiv in the first instance